My little Butterflies.

Sunday, January 3, 2021

Why will you not unfold yourself to me?





Dear you,

It has been raining since we last met.

As though the heavens know

that my heart is adrift.


To find a soul so beautiful,

and not being able to be yours,

when all I want is for you to be mine.

Nothing in this moment could be as excruciatingly painful.


Maybe in time I have become wary and worn of the games of the heart.

And I shan't partake in giving similar doubts and aches to another.

..hoping one day to be treated equally.


You; are the first I knew exactly - "it's you"


I want nothing more than to shout it to the world that you're my person.

I want nothing more than to be close to you, even if it's not to hold you.

To give you all the love in my heart.

To everyday, paint a smile on your face as you do mine effortlessly.

To be your comfort place.

To be everything you need.


..but for now, this burning love will just set ablaze in my heart.

Burning only myself in the wait, 

as periodic tears puts it out,

I hope you'll come to see and feel as I do you 

before my fire turns to coal.


For now, pretence should be my best of friend.

To wear a mask that conceals my passion for you - until a time you unfold yourself to me.


Dear self, take heart. 



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails