My little Butterflies.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Gleeful.

It's all about her her her her her
It's all about me me me me me
We don't give a dang dang dang dang dang
For nobody dy dy dy dy dy...

Well, this morning I was abruptly woken up by a call (which I'm actually thankful for). I usually would get cranky in such occasions as it is hard to sleep and when I do, I get an "early" alarm to wake me up. But, that's aside from it. I'm actually grateful to that call. It did wake me up and reminded me of my stomachache. However, it did made me aware of an important matter.

I heard screams!
Well actually squeaks. Or at least the sound hedgehogs make when they're crying or in distress.
Yes. It was both horrifying and yet magnifying.
Horrid; in the sense that I saw the husband-hog eating one of the baby!
Magnifying; because I became a midwife (for awhile) and also saved the rest of the litter.

I was wonder what on earth Manson boy was eating. It went *crunch crunch crunch crunch crunch*
I went to have a look at them and to my horror, it was something RED and wet. Monroe girl was there also, witnessing it - or rather at that moment I thought they were snatching food or something. Then I realised that it was HER BABY!

Immediately seperating them, then I put mummy-hog into another container. But she seemed worried and tried to get out. Searching under the cloth inside and scratching the bottom of it. I knew she was looking for something (her babies)! I guess it's just motherly instinct that you know another mother's in distress/ worrying.

I let her back into the previous container, and "jailed" Manson. Monroe landed, and straight went hunting.
Initially she couldn't find them and starting crying/whimpering. I think she was calling for them. Thank GOD one of them responded. And I immediately spotted them!
She held on to one, afraid I was going to take the baby away. I scooped her out along with the baby in her mouth, as well as the other kid laying in the wet bed of bloody newspapers.


So this is them and mommy at the side.
One has darker skin tone (right side), I'm guessing whether it could be a S&P.
But anyways,

To my dear grandchildren,
H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y ! 
You're loved always; me!

And for more pictures, you may click here.

(And I'll admit, it is poor parenting of me to put them two together. Well, I really couldn't tell if she had one too many meals or was just pregnant. And that caused her her baby. :'( Sorry Monroe baby! )

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails